The much anticipated debut of TD Ameritrade Park, the new home of the College World Series and Creighton Bluejays baseball, takes place Tuesday.
For more than a year, visitors to Omaha’s North Downtown area have seen the new building take shape, redeveloping a part of the city’s skyline. The keys have been turned over, and a new era of college baseball in Omaha begins with a capacity crowd expected to watch Nebraska and Creighton play their second of three games this season, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Have a ticket for tonight but worried about the dreary weather? Missing a ducat but want to watch or listen to the action? We’ve got all of your options listed below in this special Media Menu.
Before the game
- A limited number of tickets went on sale this morning, so if you do not have a ticket to tonight’s game, there is a possibility you can still get one at the TD Ameritrade Park ticket office.
- Official “Inaugural Game” t-shirts are available for purchase at the following Lawlor’s Custom Sportswear locations: Westroads Mall, Oakview Mall, Shadow Lake Town Center, and the Superstore located at 84th & J Streets.
- From 3:00-6:30 p.m. Creighton will sponsor a Getting Blue Block Party on Mike Fahey Street between 16th and 17th streets. *** Event has been moved indoors to Brandeis Dining Hall *** The block party will have music, baseball carnival games, four awesome baseball tailgate food options, an optional beer garden, and plenty of Bluejay Pride. Go here for more information.
- Make sure to get downtown early. With about 24,000 people expected to be at the game, you won’t want to miss out on the start of the game. Parking lots open at 12:30 p.m. and TD Ameritrade Park gates will open at 3:30 p.m.
The game will be broadcast by Nebraska Educational Television (NET), the PBS station across the state of Nebraska. The best part is that it is in HD! John Bishop and Kevin Kugler will have the call.
- If you still have the rabbit ears on your TV, it is available across the state of Nebraska on your local PBS station.
- For those with cable systems, it is available on Cox channel 12 or 712 in the Omaha metro. In other areas of Nebraska, it will be available on your cable’s main NET channel. Here is a coverage map and translators/channels.
- The game will be on DirecTV channel 26 and on Dish Network 9147 in the local DMA market, which is Nebraska and parts of Iowa.
- In addition, the game will be simulcast nationwide on CBS College Sports network (channel 234 on Cox in Omaha). Check here to see if CBS College Sports is available in your area.
There are several ways to follow the game via the Internet:
- A video webcast is available. You can access the NET broadcast directly for free.
- Keep up with the live stats from GoCreighton.com.
- Get the stats on your mobile device from GoCreightonStats.com
- Follow the tweets of GoCreighton for score updates.
- Listen to the streaming audio of the broadcast on 1620 the Zone.
- Listen to the streaming audio of the Nebraska broadcast.
If you are in the Omaha metro area, you can pick up David Gustafson and Ryan Schopperth on KOZN AM, 1620 the Zone to get the Creighton side of things.
For a different perspective, you can pick up the Husker broadcast in a variety of locations across the state of Nebraska through their Husker Sports Radio Network.