Friday night is a busy onefor Creighton hoops. The Bluejay women open their home portion of Missouri Valley Conference play against Illinois State at the same time that men’s team takes on Missouri State in Springfield.
You could take your tablet or laptop to the women’s game and watch both at the same time. While that may not happen, there are many ways to follow the men’s 7:05 tipoff. Here are your options:
The game will be broadcast by Omaha’s local CBS station KMTV, otherwise known as Action3 News. KMTV sports director Chase Williams and former Bluejay Nick Bahe will be on the call for this one.
- If you still have the rabbit ears on your TV, it is available over the air in the metro and surrounding areas on digital channel 3.1.
- For those with cable systems, it is available on Cox channel 5 or 1005 (No HD, but widescreen 16×9) in the Omaha metro. In Lincoln and other surrounding Time Warner Cable outlets in Nebraska stretching as far west as York and as far south as Fairbury and Nebraska City, it is available on Time Warner Cable channel 3.
- On satellite with DirecTV and Dish Network, those with the Omaha DMA will have it on their local CBS channel which is KMTV.
- Nationwide, the KMTV broadcast will be available on the ESPN Full Court PPV package.
There are places all over the metro to watch the game, but here are a couple that might be of interest.
- The “Men for Duchesne” group invites you to watch the game at the Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart High School (3601 Burt Street) The game will be projected in high-def inside their beautiful new large Performing Art Center Auditorium. Doors open at 6:30 PM. There will be a suggested donation of $20 per person at the door. Price includes Snacks, wine, beer, and non-alcoholic drinks!! Adults only, please. Park in the student lot on the southeast side (36th and California) and enter through the new Performing Arts entrance.
- Creighton University is hosting a viewing party for season ticket holders at Sempeck Bowling Alley (just NW of 204th & Dodge). Cash bar and complimentary appetizers will be available. Invitation is limited to the number of season tickets held. Go here to register.
- Bluejay Banter will be hosting a viewing party at DJ’s Dugout at the downtown location.
- You can watch the ESPN3 broadcast streaming live on your PC or XBox 360 through ESPN3.com if your internet provider carries this access. All of the major cable companies (Cox, Time Warner, Charter) carry ESPN3.com on their internet service. Here are a list of other high speed internet and video providers that carry ESPN3.
- You can access ESPN3 through your Android, iPad, or iPhone with the Watch ESPN app. However, that is limited to those with Bright House, Verizon FiOsTV, Verizon high speed internet and Time Warner subscribers. New to this list is Cox Communications. You can get this if you are a Cox internet subscriber.
- Keep up with the live stats from Creighton.
- Follow the tweets of GoCreighton for score updates.
- Follow the tweets of White & Blue Review for periodic updates during the game
- Follow the tweets of Steve Pivovar from the Omaha World-Herald for insight during the game.
- Listen to the streaming audio of the broadcast by AM 590, Omaha’s ESPN Radio online on your computer.
- Listen to the streaming audio of the broadcast on your mobile device by getting the TuneIn App for your device and searching for AM 590 ESPN Radio. The app is available for pretty much every mobile device out there.
- To see the other side of things, follow the tweets of Missouri State beat writer Lyndal Scranton.
- For a different perspective you can listen to the live Missouri State stream of the game.
- Bluejay Banter will have live updates as well as a postgame show on AM 590 ESPN after the game.
- If you find yourself traversing the greater Midwest — specifically, the eastern part of Nebraska, Iowa, and even into Missouri — you can pick up T. Scott Marr’s play-by-play along with former Bluejay Ross Ferarrini over the air on AM 590, Omaha’s ESPN Radio.
- If you are in the Springfield area, you can catch the game on the dial on flagship station KTXR, 101.3 FM or any of the other Missouri State Radio Network affiliates across the state of Missouri, including the St. Louis and Kansas City markets.
After the game, stay tuned after the AM590 postgame to catch Bluejay Banter and their postgame show live from DJ’s Dugout across from the CenturyLink Center. They will talk to Creighton coaches and others to get the latest on the Bluejays as well as take phone calls.
As always, feel free to leave comments if there are other ways to follow the game.