Bluejay Rewind: 1990-91 Highlight Film
During a recent visit to the Creighton Athletics offices to look through the game film archives of the Altman Era, we discovered a series of season highlight videos from the late-1990s and early-2000s. These videos were produced by Godfather’s Pizza, and shown at the annual Bluejay Bash each summer; while a few copies have circulated “underground” over the years, we’re excited to present them officially for the first time since those golf outings nearly two decades ago.
Today’s video is even older than that, though, which makes it extra-special. It chronicles the great 1990-1991 team — the senior season for the dynamic duo of Bob Harstad and Chad Gallagher — and clocks in at around 22 minutes, so pull up a chair and relax for this one. There’s audio from Bluejay Radio, there’s dunks galore from Harstad and Gallagher, there’s fist-pumps from Tony Barone, and there’s even a montage set to “No Easy Way Out” from Rocky IV. In short, it’s spectacular.
For an in-depth look at that 1990-91 team, check out our “Great Teams” series:
- Weekly Roundup (03/24/2017) - March 24, 2017
- Leading Scorer Marcus Foster Will Return for Senior Season - March 22, 2017
- Morning After: Creighton’s Season Ends with a Resounding Thud As Rhode Island Wins 84-72 - March 18, 2017
- Pregame Primer, NCAA Tournament Edition: Creighton Battles Trendy Upset Pick Rhode Island in First Round - March 16, 2017
- Highlight Reel: Creighton Makes Run to Title Game in 2017 Big East Tournament - March 14, 2017
- Creighton Seeded Sixth in Midwest, Plays Rhode Island on Friday - March 12, 2017
- Morning After: Creighton Falls to Villanova in Big East Championship, 74-60 - March 12, 2017
- Morning After: Marcus Foster’s Caps Dramatic Night at MSG With Game-Winner, Creighton Moves on to Big East Championship - March 11, 2017
- Morning After: Creighton Turns Up Heat in Second Half, Storms Past Providence 70-58 - March 10, 2017
- Pregame Primer: Creighton vs Providence, 2017 Big East Quarterfinal - March 8, 2017