Creighton Basketball’s Game with Iowa Set
The Creighton Men’s basketball schedule for 2011-12 is slowly coming together as other schools start to release dates for their games against the Bluejays.
We have known for several months that Creighton again would be part of a Multi-Team Event (MTE) with Iowa similar to what they did against Iowa State last season where each team plays three other opponents on their home court and then meet at the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines with the feature game of the series. The other three schools also play each other as a part of this series on their home courts.
The Dale Howard Classic consists of Chicago State, North Carolina A&T and Campbell along with Iowa. The dates for Iowa’s games are almost solidified with the matchup with Creighton being set for November 20th, a Sunday afternoon before Thanksgiving.
The last time Creighton and Iowa met, it was also on a neutral court–the 2001 NCAA Tournament where the Bluejays were knocked out in the first round by the Hawkeyes, 69-56.
The MTE is organized by the same group that Creighton and Iowa State participated in last season. If the past scheduling is any indication, then we should have a pretty good idea of a few more dates on the schedule as well.
Iowa State plays Chicago State on November 11th and North Carolina A&T on November 14th. That likely means that the Bluejays will open the season with North Carolina A&T on Friday, November 11th and then play the Cougars of Chicago State on Monday, November 14th.
The Hawkeyes then take on Campbell on November 23rd, which is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and Creighton will play Campbell the following Friday the 25th. This was a similar schedule against Kennesaw State last season in the MTE.
If those dates hold up, here is the schedule that is known so far:
- Nov. 11 (tentative)– North Carolina A & T
- Nov. 14 (tentative) — Chicago State
- Nov. 20– vs. Iowa (in Des Moines)
- Nov. 25 (tentative)– Kennesaw State
- Nov. 30– @ San Diego State (MVC/MWC Challenge)
- Dec. 8– @ Loyola-Chicago (’10 Bracketbuster Return Game)
For more schedule updates, track our schedule page for all of he MVC school’s non-conference schedules as we compile them over the summer.
- Ballock and Thomas Lead Andy’s Lawncare to Omaha Metro Summer League Title - July 21, 2017
- Metro Basketball League Semifinals Set for Thursday Night - July 18, 2017
- Metro Summer League 2017 Tournament Preview - July 16, 2017
- Summer League 2017 Session 4 Recap - July 6, 2017
- Omaha Metro Summer League 2017 Starts June 15th - June 15, 2017
- Creighton Basketball Going to Northwestern for 2017 Gavitt Games - May 20, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Women’s Basketball vs. Toledo (NCAA Tournament 1st Round) - March 17, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Men’s Basketball vs. Rhode Island (NCAA Tournament 1st Round) - March 17, 2017
- Social Media: Big East Tournament! - March 8, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Men’s Basketball at 2017 Big East Tournament - March 8, 2017