Creighton Bluejays Weekend Recap
The weekends are a busy time for Bluejays sports. Each Monday, WBR helps you catch up on all the Creighton sports you might have missed. What did you miss in Creighton Bluejays athletics during a busy Labor Day weekend?
The men’s soccer team won the Ameritas Classic. Elmar Bolowich’s team gave up a tying goal to Akron and played to a 1-1 draw Friday night (PHOTOS). But the Bluejays beat Rutgers 3-0 Sunday afternoon, winning the event due to goal differential with the Zips (PHOTOS).
The volleyball team hosted the Bluejay Invitational, but couldn’t get past nationally ranked Kansas State Saturday afternoon. Despite sweeping Syracuse Friday evening (PHOTOS) and defeating Denver 3-1 Saturday night (PHOTOS), the Jays couldn’t capture the invite title.
The women’s soccer team dropped two matches in three days. The first, at Kansas, saw the Jays get blanked 3-0 on the road. The second, a 3-1 home loss to Arizona, sent Bruce Erickson’s Bluejays to 1-4-1 on the season.
And the men’s and women’s cross country teams co-hosted the Creighton/UNO Invitational Saturday, their only true “home” meet of the fall season. Chas Davis saw his women run fourth out of five participating teams, while the men placed third out of four squads. (PHOTOS)
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Basketball Rolls Over Alcorn State - November 13, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Dominates in Exhibition Win Over Omaha - October 26, 2017
- Meet the Bluejays: 2017-18 Creighton Women’s Basketball Team - October 20, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Volleyball at Bluejay Invitational - September 4, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Soccer Over Ohio State in Exhibition Play - August 19, 2017
- The 1 Way You Can Support Independent Creighton Bluejays Coverage - July 22, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: TCU Knocks Off Louisville - June 23, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Florida Defeats Louisville, Stays in Winners Bracket - June 21, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: Oregon State Destroys LSU - June 19, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: Louisville Defeats Texas A&M - June 18, 2017