Creighton TV Updates
Creighton University and Omaha CBS affiliate KMTV announced eight more television games for the local Bluejays fans to enjoy. Travis Justice and former Creighton guard Nick Bahe will broadcast some of the bigger games of the 2009-2010 CU hoops season, including:
- December 6 vs. Nebraska
- December 12 at George Mason (BracketBuster return game)
- December 29 vs. Northern Iowa (MVC opener)
- January 20 at Illinois State
- February 13 vs. Illinois State
- January 6 vs. Drake
- January 30 at Drake
- February 6 at Missouri State
Bahe has been busy the past two years going from Creighton player to graduate assistant to multitasking media personality. He garnered a job at NRG Media, home of 1620 AM The Zone, where he co-hosts The Schick and Nick Show on every day from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. He’ll flip the switch and work for Journal Broadcast Group during basketball season, joining T. Scott Marr on the radio broadcasts on Big Sports 590 and working with Justice on KMTV’s televised CU games.
Also tucked into the TV announcement was information that Creighton’s season-opener at Dayton will be televised … locally in Dayton on WHIO. It is still unknown whether their feed of this game will be available to residents of Omaha, but last season KMTV broadcasted the matchup at the Qwest Center and the feed was made available to the fans in Dayton. Will the same thing happen here? Regardless, in the past WHIO has streamed games online via its website, so that may be available as well.
These additions mean that as of right now, at least 19 regular season Creighton men’s basketball games will be on TV. This number could increase if Nebraska Educational Television (NET) picks up a broadcast or two and if the Jays’ BracketBuster night game in February gets the ESPN treatment. Last season, 23 of the regular season games were on TV.
Other TV Updates:
- The first television broadcast of an event at Sokol Arena will take place on Saturday as NET-1 and NET-HD will broadcast the Creighton-Missouri State volleyball match. This will be seen across the state of Nebraska, and the live broadcast will be available online.
- There is still no word on whether The Mtn. will be available to Cox Communications customers in Omaha for the December 19 Creighton game at New Mexico.
- We have added several updates to our TV Broadcast Schedule for the Valley games. Check to see all of the MVC games on television, whether nationally or locally.
- Ballock and Thomas Lead Andy’s Lawncare to Omaha Metro Summer League Title - July 21, 2017
- Metro Basketball League Semifinals Set for Thursday Night - July 18, 2017
- Metro Summer League 2017 Tournament Preview - July 16, 2017
- Summer League 2017 Session 4 Recap - July 6, 2017
- Omaha Metro Summer League 2017 Starts June 15th - June 15, 2017
- Creighton Basketball Going to Northwestern for 2017 Gavitt Games - May 20, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Women’s Basketball vs. Toledo (NCAA Tournament 1st Round) - March 17, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Men’s Basketball vs. Rhode Island (NCAA Tournament 1st Round) - March 17, 2017
- Social Media: Big East Tournament! - March 8, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Men’s Basketball at 2017 Big East Tournament - March 8, 2017