Leon Gilmore III Verbals to Creighton Basketball
White and Blue Review can confirm that Leon Gilmore, a 6’7” Houston native, has committed to play basketball for Greg McDermott and the Creighton Bluejays. Gilmore is the first player to commit to Creighton for the 2014 class.
Gilmore exploded on the high school hardwood scene in the past year. He attended a number of the top high school camps including the Future150 camp and Pangos All-American camp. He competed with the talented Houston Hoops in this summer’s Nikes EYBL.
His move to Houston Hoops helped Gilmore with more than just increased exposure on the recruiting circuit; he gained confidence that he was able to compete with three of the top 20 players in the 2014 class on a daily basis.
Gilmore gained notoriety this summer for his versatility. He impressed from a variety of positions on the court, showing his abilities to score in the post as well as from beyond the arc (video). Gilmore is a natural lefty but can finish around the rim with both hands. He has the speed and coordination at 6’7” to put the ball on the court and take his defender to the rim.
Gilmore passed up offers from Texas A&M, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Arkansas, UNLV, and TCU to form a final three of Houston, Texas Tech, and Creighton. Gilmore did his due diligence, spending time at each one of his final three schools, listening to what each coach and program had to offer. In the end Gilmore felt that Creighton University could shape him into the man and basketball player he was looking to become.
Gilmore is the first verbal commit for the Creighton Bluejays as a member of the Big East Conference. Gilmore is a consensus Top 150 player for the 2014 class. He’s #121 on Rivals.com; a three-star on Scout.com; a four-star on ESPN.com; #74 on Future150.com; and #90 on 247sports.com.
Gilmore will be the third Texan on Creighton’s roster in 2014, joining fellow Lone Star State reps Austin Chatman and Geoffrey Groselle.
Here more video on the newest Creighton Bluejay, 6’7” 2014 wing/guard Leon Gilmore.
|Offers||Creighton, Houston, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor, Arkansas, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, UNLV, Nebraska|
|Rivals||3 Star (#121)|
- Creighton Soccer looking for Newcomers to Make Big Impact - August 7, 2014
- Creighton Bluejays Basketball Recruiting Update (June 2014) - June 5, 2014
- Creighton Bluejays Basketball Recruiting Update (May 2014) - May 4, 2014
- Maurice ‘Mo’ Watson commits to Creighton - April 13, 2014
- Creighton Basketball Looking to Reload for 2014-2015 - March 27, 2014
- Creighton Men’s Soccer Looks to Reload - January 6, 2014
- Futbol Friday Presented by Sun Valley Landscaping: NCAA Tournament Edition — Creighton Bluejays Gear up for First Round Match - November 21, 2013
- Ronnie Harrell Signs With Creighton - November 13, 2013
- Leon Gilmore III Signs With Creighton - November 13, 2013
- Bluejays Gameday: Creighton Men’s Soccer Limps Into Big East Tournament Play - November 12, 2013