Maurice Watson, Jr. Suspended, Will Not Participate In Senior Night
Wednesday afternoon, Creighton University announced that Maurice Watson, Jr. had been suspended from all athletic-related activities. The press release stated the suspension was for “alleged actions that are contrary to University policies and core values.”
Speculation had swirled after Watson was not present on the bench at either last Wednesday’s game at Seton Hall or Sunday’s home game against Georgetown. According to the release, the suspension was handed down last Monday, which explains his absence at those games; though the suspension was made public today, the team has known since it was handed down, so it’s not near the bombshell or distraction prior to tonight’s game with Providence that it is for the fanbase.
Watson has not played in a game for Creighton since January 16 when he tore his ACL against Xavier, though he’d been a regular at practice and had been a vocal presence on the bench at games prior to last week.
As part of the suspension, he will not be allowed to participate in next Tuesday’s Senior Night festivities following the game.
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Basketball Rolls Over Alcorn State - November 13, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Dominates in Exhibition Win Over Omaha - October 26, 2017
- Meet the Bluejays: 2017-18 Creighton Women’s Basketball Team - October 20, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Volleyball at Bluejay Invitational - September 4, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Soccer Over Ohio State in Exhibition Play - August 19, 2017
- The 1 Way You Can Support Independent Creighton Bluejays Coverage - July 22, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: TCU Knocks Off Louisville - June 23, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Florida Defeats Louisville, Stays in Winners Bracket - June 21, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: Oregon State Destroys LSU - June 19, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: Louisville Defeats Texas A&M - June 18, 2017