Maurice Watson, Jr. Suspended, Will Not Participate In Senior Night
Wednesday afternoon, Creighton University announced that Maurice Watson, Jr. had been suspended from all athletic-related activities. The press release stated the suspension was for “alleged actions that are contrary to University policies and core values.”
Speculation had swirled after Watson was not present on the bench at either last Wednesday’s game at Seton Hall or Sunday’s home game against Georgetown. According to the release, the suspension was handed down last Monday, which explains his absence at those games; though the suspension was made public today, the team has known since it was handed down, so it’s not near the bombshell or distraction prior to tonight’s game with Providence that it is for the fanbase.
Watson has not played in a game for Creighton since January 16 when he tore his ACL against Xavier, though he’d been a regular at practice and had been a vocal presence on the bench at games prior to last week.
As part of the suspension, he will not be allowed to participate in next Tuesday’s Senior Night festivities following the game.
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Takes Game 2 Against Huskers - April 19, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Takes Series from #14 St. John’s with 5-1 Win - April 10, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Beats #14 St. John’s 7-4 - April 9, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Game 1 vs. UC Davis - March 26, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Senior Day Festivities 2016-17 - March 1, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Basketball Goes Out Winners on Senior Night vs. St. John’s - March 1, 2017
- Former Bluejay Doug McDermott Traded From Chicago Bulls to Oklahoma City Thunder - February 23, 2017
- Photo Gallery: #23 Creighton Men’s Basketball Falls to Providence at Home - February 22, 2017
- Maurice Watson, Jr. Suspended, Will Not Participate In Senior Night - February 22, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Women Pick Up 67-60 Win on Senior Day - February 20, 2017