Media Menu: Creighton Men’s Basketball at 2017 Big East Tournament
The Creighton men’s basketball team starts their postseason run on Thursday at Madison Square Garden looking to solidify their NCAA Tournament seed and make one last run for the committee to consider before Sunday evening’s selection show.
The Bluejays can make up for some lost opportunities and are positioned in the Big East Tournament bracket to make a run if they can put everything together. While the Jays are in a different spot than most anticipated at the start of the season, there will be more fans in “Blue” York City for the first time since Creighton’s inaugural season in the Big East four seasons ago.
If you didn’t book your trip this year, we have you covered. Here are the Media Menu of options to watch the Jays during the Big East Tournament.
Thursday’s approximate 8:30 p.m. CDT game vs. Providence
Friday’s potential approximate 8:00 p.m. CDT game vs. Butler, Xavier or DePaul
Saturday’s championship game is at 4:30 p.m. CDT
All games except for Saturday’s Championship game will be shown live on FS1, The game on Thursday will have Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery on the call. Friday’s potential game will be called by Gus Johnson and Jim Jackson. Lisa Byington will serve as sideline reporter for all games.
(NOTE: if you’re outside Omaha, use the Fox Sports 1/2 channel finder guide to see where FS1 is on your TV carrier).
- In Omaha on Cox Communications = channel 78 (SD) 1078 (HD)
- In Omaha on CenturyLink Prism = channel 620 (SD) 1620 (HD)
- In Lincoln and surrounding areas on Spectrum (formerly Time Warner Cable) = channel 75 or 317 (SD) 1317 (HD)
- Nationally on DirecTV = channel 219
- Nationally on Dish Network = channel 150
Big East Championship Game on Saturday will be shown Nationally on FOX network. Gus Johnson and Jim Jackson will be on the call. Lisa Byington will be on the sidelines.
- In Omaha you can pick up the game over the air on any digital TV with an antenna = Channel 42.1 (see the Contour Map for coverage area)
- In Omaha on Cox Communications = Channel 1010 (HD)
- In Omaha on CenturyLink Prism = 42 (HD)
- Locally on DirecTV = channel 42
- Locally on Dish Network = channel 9143
- To find the local Fox Affiliate in your area, see this listing.
You can watch the Big East Tournament in Virtual Reality. Here is what you need:
- Get a Gear VR or cardboard headset.
- Download the appropriate Android or IOS app to your phone.
- Sign in with television-provider credentials
- For Fox Sports 1 and FOX, on select systems (Cox, Time Warner, DirecTV, Xfinity, AT&T Uverse, Suddenlink, WOW, Midcontinent, Bright House, and Optimum among others) you can login and watch online on your computer.
- You can also download the Fox Sports Go app for your Android, Apple, Kindle Fire, or Windows Mobile device and stream the game. Separate services like Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox and Roku has the FSGo channel. New this season is the ability to Cast the game to your Google Home device.
- From Cox Communications in Omaha, inside your home you can watch the games on the Cox Contour app on your Apple devices, Android devices and directly from your computer. The Apple app and Android app are available.
- For the Cord Cutters there are several options to get FS1 and FOX non-traditionally through these services
- Keep up with the live stats of the game from Creighton. Get the live stats on your mobile device at GoCreightonStats.com.
- Follow the tweets of GoCreighton for score updates.
- Follow the tweets of White & Blue Review and reporter Matt DeMarinis for periodic updates during the game from the sidelines and from the stands.
- Follow our Big East Social Media page all week to get all the Creighton and Big East tweets from one place.
- Follow the tweets from Alex Sindelar who covers Creighton for Big East Coast Bias with his unique view of the game.
- Follow the tweets of Jon Nyatawa from the Omaha World-Herald for insight during the game.
- Follow the tweets from the Big East MBB Twitter handle.
- Listen to the streaming audio of the broadcast by 1620 the Zone, the home of the Bluejays online on your computer.
- Listen to the streaming audio of the broadcast on your mobile device by getting the 1620 the Zone app available for Android and Apple products.
- Pick up the game on the SiriusXM App on Internet channel 961
- Listen to the Westwood One national broadcast of the Semifinal and Final of the tournament.
- Bluejay Banter will have live updates as well as a postgame show on 1620 the Zone after the game.
For a different audio perspective of the games, here is where you can pick up the opposing team streams:
Listening to the game:
Hop on to 1620 AM on your dial up to 2 hours before the game for Bluejay Shootaround.
- If you find yourself in the Omaha metro — you can pick up John Bishop’s play-by-play along with former Bluejay Nick Bahe over the air on 1620 the Zone at 1620AM on your dial.
- Find a Westwood One affiliate in your area to pick up the game.
- Nationally you can pick up the game on SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- SiriusXM Channel 201
- Sirius Channel 136
- XM Channel 201
After the game, stay tuned after the 1620 the Zone postgame to catch Bluejay Banter and their “Overtime” postgame show. They will talk to Creighton coaches and others to get the latest on the Bluejays as well as take phone calls.
Big East School radio stations
- Butler: If you live in the Indianapolis area, you can pick up the broadcast on 1070 AM or 93.5 FM
- DePaul: In the Chicago area you can pick up DePaul’s radio tandem of Zach Zaidman (play-by-play) and Laurence Holmes (analyst) on WSCR 670 AM
- Georgetown: In the Washington DC area you can pick up the Georgetown broadcast on 106.7 FM The Fan.
- Marquette: If you live in the Milwaukee area, you can pick up the broadcast on 540 AM, the local ESPN Radio affiliate..
- Providence: If you live in the Providence area, you can pick up the broadcast on WEEI, 103.7 FM.
- Seton Hall: In the New York/New Jersey area you can pick up the Seton Hall broadcast on AM 970, the Answer and the campus broadcast on WSOU 89.5 FM.
- St. John’s: If you live in the New York area, you can pick up the broadcast on 570 AM WMCA
- Villanova: If you live in the Philadelphia area, you can pick up the broadcast on 610 AM WTEL
- Xavier: If you live in the Cincinnati area, you can pick up the Xavier broadcast on 700 WLW-AM
Did we miss something? Let us know in the comments below!
- Omaha Metro Summer League 2017 Starts June 15th - June 15, 2017
- Creighton Basketball Going to Northwestern for 2017 Gavitt Games - May 20, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Women’s Basketball vs. Toledo (NCAA Tournament 1st Round) - March 17, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Men’s Basketball vs. Rhode Island (NCAA Tournament 1st Round) - March 17, 2017
- Social Media: Big East Tournament! - March 8, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Men’s Basketball at 2017 Big East Tournament - March 8, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Men’s Basketball vs. St. John’s - February 28, 2017
- Media Menu: #23 Creighton men’s Basketball vs. Providence - February 22, 2017
- Media Menu: #20 Creighton Men’s Basketball vs. Georgetown - February 17, 2017
- Media Menu: #20 Creighton Men’s Basketball @ Seton Hall - February 15, 2017