Media Menu: Creighton Men’s Basketball vs. North Carolina (NCAA Tournament 3rd Round)
The Bluejays are still dancing. After a thrilling win against Alabama, Creighton matches up now with North Carolina on Sunday in the round of 32. Media members and fans have been drooling at the opportunity to watch former high school teammates Harrison Barnes and Doug McDermott play against each other, and they’ll get their wish tomorrow at 4:15 p.m. CT.
Check the following Media Menu for ways to watch/listen to/track Creighton’s game against the Tar Heels .
The complete NCAA Tournament will be broadcast on four channels — CBS, TBS, TNT, and TruTV. Creighton’s game against the Tar Heels will be broadcast on CBS. Jim Nantz and Clark Kellogg will be on the call.
- In Omaha, you can find the game on Cox channel 5, or in glorious HD on 1005.
- For satellite owners and AT&T U-Verse subscribers, check your local listings for your local CBS Station
- Across the nation you can find what channel TBS is on for your cable systems by going here.
There are several different places holding viewing parties for Creighton fans to enjoy the game. Here are a few:
- Billy Blues Alumni Grill: On the Creighton campus, the University will be hosting a viewing party at Billy Blues located on the lower level of the Harper Center.
- Marcus Theaters, Midtown Crossing: Also toward the downtown area, the Marcus Theaters located at the Midtown Crossing area of 32nd and Farnam will have a viewing party at their movie theater. Admission is free.
- All games of the NCAA Tournament can be watched online in pretty much any way possible. If you have cable and/or satellite and subscribe to TBS, TNT and TruTV, then you can watch all of the games for free through their online websites. Here is the one for CBS that you would use. All of the games broadcasted by CBS are free, so you don’t have to subscribe to the March Madness 2012 Portal.
- For $3.99 you can watch them all online through the March Madness 2012 portal on CBS. This will also give you access to watch all of the games on your iPad, iPhone, and select Android mobile devices. All of your questions for this option should be answered here.
- Keep up with the live stats provided by the NCAA.
- Follow the tweets of GoCreighton for score updates.
- Follow the tweets of Steve Pivovar from the Omaha World-Herald for insight during the game.
- Listen to the streaming audio of the broadcast by Westwood One available online here or through goradio.com. By NCAA contract they are the only ones that can webstream the audio of the games, so AM 590 audio will not be available over the web.
- You can also pick up the games through your mobile device using the Slacker Radio app or the NCAA March Madness live app. Instructions for acquiring those can be located here.
If you find yourself traversing the greater Midwest — specifically, the eastern part of Nebraska, Iowa, and even into Missouri — you can pick up T. Scott Marr’s play-by-play along with former Bluejay Nick Bahe on AM 590, Omaha’s ESPN Radio.
If you are one of our readers in North Carolina, you can pick up the game on the Tar Heel Sports Network and any of it’s affiliates across the state or even into South Carolina, Virginia and Indiana.
To find the Westwood One channels in your local market on the radio broadcasting the game, go to this link and put in your location and select the 2012 NCAA Tournament.
In Nebraska, the game will be available on 1620 the Zone and 1180 KOIL AM (Omaha metro), KICS 1550 (Hastings), KXPN 1460 (Kearney), KLMS-AM 1480 (Lincoln), KBRL-AM 1300 (McCook), WJAG-FM 105.9 (Norfolk), KOOQ-AM 1410 (North Platte), and KNEB-AM 960 (Scottsbluff)
The Westwood One broadcast will also be available nationally on satellite radio: Sirius channel 93 and XM channel 192. Gary Cohen and Reid Gettys will be on the call.
If you have other ways of following the game, feel free to leave them in the comments section.
- Creighton Men’s Basketball 2017-18 Viewing Guide - October 24, 2017
- Ballock and Thomas Lead Andy’s Lawncare to Omaha Metro Summer League Title - July 21, 2017
- Metro Basketball League Semifinals Set for Thursday Night - July 18, 2017
- Metro Summer League 2017 Tournament Preview - July 16, 2017
- Summer League 2017 Session 4 Recap - July 6, 2017
- Omaha Metro Summer League 2017 Starts June 15th - June 15, 2017
- Creighton Basketball Going to Northwestern for 2017 Gavitt Games - May 20, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Women’s Basketball vs. Toledo (NCAA Tournament 1st Round) - March 17, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Men’s Basketball vs. Rhode Island (NCAA Tournament 1st Round) - March 17, 2017
- Social Media: Big East Tournament! - March 8, 2017