Media Menu: Creighton Men’s Basketball @ Wichita State
The Creighton men’s basketball team hits the start of a three-game road trip in conference play. The opening game of this journey is against Wichita State, probably the Bluejays’ biggest rival these days.
A packed Koch Arena will be breathing down on the Bluejays. You’ll see splotches of blue down there, but this will be the most intense road atmosphere CU will experience all season.
If you can’t be in Wichita to watch the guys in person, here’s how you can follow Saturday’s 3:00 p.m. tip.
The Bluejays will be nationally televised on ESPN2 and ESPN2HD at 3:00 p.m.. It will be shown in high definition with Rich Hollenberg and Mark Adams on the call.
- In Omaha on Cox Communications cable system it is on digital channel 30 or in HD on channel 1030. You will have to check with your local cable provider to see if you get ESPN2, but it is almost likely you have it in your basic cable package.
- On DirecTV, it is on channel 209.
- On Dish Network, you can find the games on channel 144.
- For people expecting to see it on regular ESPN3, it will not be available for this game. Since it is on ESPN2 it will be only available to those subscribers that have access to WatchESPN. You can watch the ESPN3/WatchESPN broadcast streaming live on your PC or XBox 360 through ESPN3.com if your internet provider carries WatchESPN access. Here are a list of video providers that carry WatchESPN. Cox Communications is on this list
- You can access WatchESPN through your Android, iPad, or iPhone with the Watch ESPN app. However, that is limited to those with Bright House, Verizon FiOsTV, Verizon high speed internet and Time Warner subscribers. New to this list is Cox Communications. You can get this if you are a Cox internet subscriber.
- Keep up with the live stats of the game.
- Follow the tweets of GoCreighton for score updates.
- Follow the tweets of White & Blue Review for periodic updates during the game.
- Follow the tweets of Steve Pivovar from the Omaha World-Herald for insight during the game.
- Listen to the streaming audio of the broadcast by AM 590, Omaha’s ESPN Radio online on your computer.
- Listen to the streaming audio of the broadcast on your mobile device by getting the TuneIn App for your device and searching for AM 590 ESPN Radio. The app is available for pretty much every mobile device out there.
- To see the other side of things, follow the tweets of Wichita State beat writer, Paul Suellentrop.
- For a different perspective you can listen to the live Wichita State stream on Shocker Radio
- Bluejay Banter will have live updates as well as a postgame show on AM 590 ESPN after the game.
- If you find yourself traversing the greater Midwest — specifically, the eastern part of Nebraska, Iowa, and even into Missouri — you can pick up T. Scott Marr’s play-by-play along with former Bluejay Nick Bahe over the air on AM 590, Omaha’s ESPN Radio.
- For a different perspective of the game, you can catch the Wichita State broadcast of the game on KNSS 1330 AM around the greater Wichita area.
After the game, stay tuned after the AM590 postgame to catch Bluejay Banter and their postgame show live from DJ’s Dugout across from the CenturyLink Center. They will talk to Creighton coaches and others to get the latest on the Bluejays as well as take phone calls.
As always, feel free to leave comments if there are other ways to follow the game.
If you have other ways to follow the game, feel free to list them in the comments section.
- Creighton Volleyball Sweeps TCU for Much Needed Win - September 9, 2016
- Ranking the Big East Basketball 2016-17 Exempt Tournaments - August 29, 2016
- Key to Creighton Volleyball’s success in 2017 Will Be at Setter - August 19, 2016
- 8 Must-See Non-Conference Games During Big East Basketball This Season - August 17, 2016
- Creighton’s Big East Rival Is… - August 4, 2016
- The Creighton 2016-17 Sports Season Kicks Off - August 3, 2016
- Bluejay Bytes: Creighton on the Airwaves - July 22, 2016
- MBL Champs Crowned, Gibbs & Smith Lead the Rooferees to Victory - July 22, 2016
- Metro Summer League 2016 Semifinals Set for Thursday - July 19, 2016
- Metro Summer League 2016 Tournament: First & Second Round Preview - July 17, 2016