Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Takes Game 2 Against Huskers
The Creighton baseball team struck while the iron was hot on Tuesday night heading into the game against Nebraska at TD Ameritrade Park. The Bluejays extended their win streak to seven straight games with a 5-2 win over the Huskers.
Over the first three innings, the Bluejays got on the board to take an early 3-0 lead. Creighton senior pitcher Austin Stroschein took the mound with the Bluejays looking to get as much as they could in the midweek game against the in-state rival. Stroschein pitched over five strong innings before he was chased in the sixth inning with Nebraska eventually cutting the lead to 3-2.
Creighton hung onto the lead until the bottom of the eighth where they got two more insurance runs. Four out of the first five hitters for the Bluejays got hits with Bryce Only and Parker Upton driving in runs before Nebraska got a strikeout and tagged out a runner trying to score from third to end the inning. Creighton had a 5-2 lead heading to the ninth.
Nebraska managed to get two runners on in the ninth inning with the tying run at the plate, but David Gerber saved the game for the Bluejays sending them to victory.
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Takes Game 2 Against Huskers - April 19, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Takes Series from #14 St. John’s with 5-1 Win - April 10, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Beats #14 St. John’s 7-4 - April 9, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Game 1 vs. UC Davis - March 26, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Senior Day Festivities 2016-17 - March 1, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Basketball Goes Out Winners on Senior Night vs. St. John’s - March 1, 2017
- Former Bluejay Doug McDermott Traded From Chicago Bulls to Oklahoma City Thunder - February 23, 2017
- Photo Gallery: #23 Creighton Men’s Basketball Falls to Providence at Home - February 22, 2017
- Maurice Watson, Jr. Suspended, Will Not Participate In Senior Night - February 22, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Women Pick Up 67-60 Win on Senior Day - February 20, 2017