Quick Hits: 7/26/10
With the start of the 2010-11 Creighton Bluejays sports season about two weeks away, here are a few quick pieces of news that might be of interest to CU fans.
- Tonight at 5 p.m. on Bluejay Banter (Big Sports 590 AM), Tim and Heath invite Erik Crawford, the new Director of Basketball Operations for Creighton’s men’s basketball team, to talk some Bluejay hoops and Todd Hefferman, the beat writer for Southern Illinois, to give a preview of this season’s Salukis basketball team. The Banter guys will be talking about the Metro Omaha Summer Basketball League, as well.
- After listening to Bluejay Banter, turn on NET1 on your television sets to watch the Nebraska Coaches Association all-star games being played at Lincoln North Star High School. The girls game starts at 6 p.m. and features incoming Creighton freshmen Sarah Nelson, Alyssa Kamphaus, and McKenzie Fujan on the Red team.
- The bracket for the Metro Omaha Summer Basketball League tournament has been released. Opening round games will start at 5:30 p.m. this Thursday, with Quarterfinal games starting at 6:30 p.m. Semifinals and Finals will be played on August 5, at 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. All games will be held at the Omaha Sports Academy. Games on Thursday featuring several Creighton players will be played on Court 4 where additional seating will be made available in one of the ends of the court. There is still time to make a donation to help support the league.
- On Sunday, August 8, Creighton will host the fall sports open house from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event gives fans the opportunity to purchase seats still available for season tickets in men’s and women’s soccer and volleyball. Admission is free and an inflatable carnival will be available for the young fans. Creighton men’s soccer, women’s soccer ,and women’s volleyball players will also be present at the event.
- After the open house, stick around Morrison Stadium to watch the first Creighton athletic event of the fall season. The women’s soccer team takes on Wisconsin-Milwaukee at 1 p.m. in an exhibition match. Admission is free.
- Stat hounds can get more Creighton stats on the go this coming season. Creighton has signed on with BCS Stats Systems to provide stats over the web and to mobile devices for all the major sports at CU. Need stats on you Blackberry? Got it! Need stats on your iPhone? Got it! A spokesperson from BCS Stat Systems noted, “Creighton will be one of the first schools in the nation to offer mobile live stats for its sporting events, and possibly the only school currently making them available to the entire spectrum of WAP-enabled devices.” Sounds good to us.
- Ballock and Thomas Lead Andy’s Lawncare to Omaha Metro Summer League Title - July 21, 2017
- Metro Basketball League Semifinals Set for Thursday Night - July 18, 2017
- Metro Summer League 2017 Tournament Preview - July 16, 2017
- Summer League 2017 Session 4 Recap - July 6, 2017
- Omaha Metro Summer League 2017 Starts June 15th - June 15, 2017
- Creighton Basketball Going to Northwestern for 2017 Gavitt Games - May 20, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Women’s Basketball vs. Toledo (NCAA Tournament 1st Round) - March 17, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Men’s Basketball vs. Rhode Island (NCAA Tournament 1st Round) - March 17, 2017
- Social Media: Big East Tournament! - March 8, 2017
- Media Menu: Creighton Men’s Basketball at 2017 Big East Tournament - March 8, 2017