Today in Bluejay History (5/19)
May 19, 2007 — Creighton eliminates Nebraska from the NCAA Tournament, then finishes its season with a loss to Georgia.
After losing to #11 Washington in their first game of the NCAA Tournament, the Bluejays battled back to defeat the host Nebraska Huskers 2-1 in an elimination game.
With two outs and down a run to the Huskers, Creighton scored two unearned runs in the bottom of the 7th inning to advance in the bracket. Jamie Reiss tied the game with a single up the middle, and Jessica Wakasugi plated the winning run thanks to an error by the Husker third baseman.
In the day’s nightcap, Georgia blanks the Bluejays 3-0 to end Creighton’s season. The Bluejays finished 2007 with a 40-14-1 record, a vast improvement over their 2006 season (23-27).
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Volleyball at Bluejay Invitational - September 4, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Soccer Over Ohio State in Exhibition Play - August 19, 2017
- The 1 Way You Can Support Independent Creighton Bluejays Coverage - July 22, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: TCU Knocks Off Louisville - June 23, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Florida Defeats Louisville, Stays in Winners Bracket - June 21, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: Oregon State Destroys LSU - June 19, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: Louisville Defeats Texas A&M - June 18, 2017
- Greg McDermott Turns Down Reported Offer from Ohio State, Remains Creighton’s Coach - June 8, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Advances in Big East Tournament Over Seton Hall - May 25, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Falls to McNeese St. in Game 2 of Series - May 14, 2017