Today in Bluejay History (5/26)
May 26, 2000 — Creighton drops a one-run game to Texas in the NCAA Tournament.
The Bluejays battled the Longhorns in the NCAA West Regional in Tempe, Arizona. Texas scored a single run in each of the first three innings, but Creighton battled back with runs in the 4th and 5th to make it a 3-2 game.
Longhorn runs in the 6th and 8th innings gave UT a 5-2 lead headed into the 9th, but the Bluejays put together a late rally to draw within one run at 5-4. CU’s Troy Carley struck out to end the inning, putting the Jays in the losers bracket.
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Basketball Rolls Over Alcorn State - November 13, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Dominates in Exhibition Win Over Omaha - October 26, 2017
- Meet the Bluejays: 2017-18 Creighton Women’s Basketball Team - October 20, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Volleyball at Bluejay Invitational - September 4, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Soccer Over Ohio State in Exhibition Play - August 19, 2017
- The 1 Way You Can Support Independent Creighton Bluejays Coverage - July 22, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: TCU Knocks Off Louisville - June 23, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Florida Defeats Louisville, Stays in Winners Bracket - June 21, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: Oregon State Destroys LSU - June 19, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: Louisville Defeats Texas A&M - June 18, 2017