Today in Bluejay History (5/27)
May 27, 2000 — Creighton’s season ends in the NCAA Tournament with a loss to Miami (Ohio).
After losing to the Texas Longhorns in their first game in the NCAA West Regional, the Bluejays tried to battle back through the region’s losers bracket. The Jays couldn’t solve freshman left-hander Chris Leonard, though, and the Red Hawks posted a 6-3 win in the elimination game.
The game was tied 2-2 until the 7th inning, when Miami turned 5 hits into 4 runs with the help of 2 Creighton errors.
The Bluejays got 1 run back in the bottom of the 7th, but couldn’t mount a rally. CU ended its season 38-23.
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Basketball Rolls Over Alcorn State - November 13, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Dominates in Exhibition Win Over Omaha - October 26, 2017
- Meet the Bluejays: 2017-18 Creighton Women’s Basketball Team - October 20, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Volleyball at Bluejay Invitational - September 4, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Soccer Over Ohio State in Exhibition Play - August 19, 2017
- The 1 Way You Can Support Independent Creighton Bluejays Coverage - July 22, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: TCU Knocks Off Louisville - June 23, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Florida Defeats Louisville, Stays in Winners Bracket - June 21, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: Oregon State Destroys LSU - June 19, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: Louisville Defeats Texas A&M - June 18, 2017