What’s On Tap? Presented by CU Dining Services
Friday (October 5)
Creighton Volleyball vs. Northern Iowa (7:00 p.m., Sokol Arena)
Kirsten Bernthal Booth’s Bluejays host a hugely important weekend of Valley volleyball beginning Friday night, when Northern Iowa comes to Omaha. The Panthers (13-5) have for years been the best team in the league, and they are at it again in 2012, sitting at 5-0 and in first place in conference play. The Jays are 13-3 overall and 4-1 entering the weekend.
Creighton Women’s Soccer at Indiana State (6:00 p.m.)
The Bluejays (3-7-2) and Sycamores (5-7-1) started Missouri Valley Conference play with a loss.
Creighton Women’s Tennis at MVC Individual Championships (Friday through Sunday; Wichita, KS)
After a successful showing at the Omaha Collegiate Invite, Tom Lilly’s women’s team takes on conference opponents in the league’s individual championships. Matches start at 9:00 a.m. Friday.
Saturday (October 6)
Creighton Crew in Blue-White Regatta (8:00 a.m. Carter Lake)
Creighton’s crew team has three events this fall, and the Blue-White Regatta is the only home competition. Later this month CU will participate in the Head of the Iowa in Iowa City, and in November they will duel Drake in Des Moines.
Creighton Men’s and Women’s Cross Country at 2012 Briar Cliff Invite (10:00 a.m.)
Chas Davis’ teams finished in the top 10 at the Charles Bowels Invitational. The men and women hope positive momentum carries over in North Sioux City, South Dakota, as they race in the Briar Cliff Invite.
Creighton Baseball vs. Iowa (11:30 a.m., Saturday, 10:00 a.m. Sunday, CU Sports Complex)
October pennant races got you hungry for some baseball? Former CU player and skipper Jack Dahm brings his Hawkeyes to Omaha for a few games against Ed Servais and the Bluejays this weekend.
Creighton Volleyball vs. Bradley (5:00 p.m., Sokol Arena)
The Braves enter the weekend winless in Missouri Valley Conference play and 6-10 overall. Regardless of Friday’s outcome, the Bluejays must hold serve at home against BU to avoid a letdown similar to the one they suffered at Southern Illinois.
Creighton Men’s Soccer vs. SIU-Edwardsville (7:00 p.m., Morrison Stadium)
The Jays finally broke a long winless streak this week at home against Loyola-Chicago. With Jeff Gal in goal, CU blanked the Ramblers 1-0. Now the Jays turn attention to an important conference match against SIU-Edwardsville (8-3-0 entering the weekend).
Sunday (October 7)
Creighton Softball vs. Avila (1:00 p.m.; Doubleheader at the CU Sports Complex)
Fall ball continues for Brent Vigness and the Bluejays.
Monday (October 8)
Creighton Men’s Golf at Butler Invitational (Monday through Tuesday; Indianapolis, IN)
The men’s golf team hits the road for an event in Indiana.
Tuesday (October 9)
Creighton Men’s Soccer at Princeton (6:00 p.m., nationally televised on ESPNU)
The Jays bounce back to a non-conference match after hosting SIU-Edwardsville this weekend. They head east for a nationally televised showdown against the Princeton Tigers.
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Volleyball at Bluejay Invitational - September 4, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Soccer Over Ohio State in Exhibition Play - August 19, 2017
- The 1 Way You Can Support Independent Creighton Bluejays Coverage - July 22, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: TCU Knocks Off Louisville - June 23, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Florida Defeats Louisville, Stays in Winners Bracket - June 21, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: Oregon State Destroys LSU - June 19, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: Louisville Defeats Texas A&M - June 18, 2017
- Greg McDermott Turns Down Reported Offer from Ohio State, Remains Creighton’s Coach - June 8, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Advances in Big East Tournament Over Seton Hall - May 25, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Falls to McNeese St. in Game 2 of Series - May 14, 2017