What’s On Tap? Presented by CU Dining Services
Friday (October 5)
Creighton Volleyball vs. Northern Iowa (7:00 p.m., Sokol Arena)
Kirsten Bernthal Booth’s Bluejays host a hugely important weekend of Valley volleyball beginning Friday night, when Northern Iowa comes to Omaha. The Panthers (13-5) have for years been the best team in the league, and they are at it again in 2012, sitting at 5-0 and in first place in conference play. The Jays are 13-3 overall and 4-1 entering the weekend.
Creighton Women’s Soccer at Indiana State (6:00 p.m.)
The Bluejays (3-7-2) and Sycamores (5-7-1) started Missouri Valley Conference play with a loss.
Creighton Women’s Tennis at MVC Individual Championships (Friday through Sunday; Wichita, KS)
After a successful showing at the Omaha Collegiate Invite, Tom Lilly’s women’s team takes on conference opponents in the league’s individual championships. Matches start at 9:00 a.m. Friday.
Saturday (October 6)
Creighton Crew in Blue-White Regatta (8:00 a.m. Carter Lake)
Creighton’s crew team has three events this fall, and the Blue-White Regatta is the only home competition. Later this month CU will participate in the Head of the Iowa in Iowa City, and in November they will duel Drake in Des Moines.
Creighton Men’s and Women’s Cross Country at 2012 Briar Cliff Invite (10:00 a.m.)
Chas Davis’ teams finished in the top 10 at the Charles Bowels Invitational. The men and women hope positive momentum carries over in North Sioux City, South Dakota, as they race in the Briar Cliff Invite.
Creighton Baseball vs. Iowa (11:30 a.m., Saturday, 10:00 a.m. Sunday, CU Sports Complex)
October pennant races got you hungry for some baseball? Former CU player and skipper Jack Dahm brings his Hawkeyes to Omaha for a few games against Ed Servais and the Bluejays this weekend.
Creighton Volleyball vs. Bradley (5:00 p.m., Sokol Arena)
The Braves enter the weekend winless in Missouri Valley Conference play and 6-10 overall. Regardless of Friday’s outcome, the Bluejays must hold serve at home against BU to avoid a letdown similar to the one they suffered at Southern Illinois.
Creighton Men’s Soccer vs. SIU-Edwardsville (7:00 p.m., Morrison Stadium)
The Jays finally broke a long winless streak this week at home against Loyola-Chicago. With Jeff Gal in goal, CU blanked the Ramblers 1-0. Now the Jays turn attention to an important conference match against SIU-Edwardsville (8-3-0 entering the weekend).
Sunday (October 7)
Creighton Softball vs. Avila (1:00 p.m.; Doubleheader at the CU Sports Complex)
Fall ball continues for Brent Vigness and the Bluejays.
Monday (October 8)
Creighton Men’s Golf at Butler Invitational (Monday through Tuesday; Indianapolis, IN)
The men’s golf team hits the road for an event in Indiana.
Tuesday (October 9)
Creighton Men’s Soccer at Princeton (6:00 p.m., nationally televised on ESPNU)
The Jays bounce back to a non-conference match after hosting SIU-Edwardsville this weekend. They head east for a nationally televised showdown against the Princeton Tigers.
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Advances in Big East Tournament Over Seton Hall - May 25, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Falls to McNeese St. in Game 2 of Series - May 14, 2017
- Creighton Adds Grad Transfer Manny Suarez, 6’10” Center Immediately Eligible - May 9, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Takes Game 2 Against Huskers - April 19, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Takes Series from #14 St. John’s with 5-1 Win - April 10, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Beats #14 St. John’s 7-4 - April 9, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Game 1 vs. UC Davis - March 26, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Senior Day Festivities 2016-17 - March 1, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Basketball Goes Out Winners on Senior Night vs. St. John’s - March 1, 2017
- Former Bluejay Doug McDermott Traded From Chicago Bulls to Oklahoma City Thunder - February 23, 2017