What’s On Tap? Presented by CU Dining Services
Thursday (October 11)
Creighton Women’s Soccer vs. Drake (7:00 p.m.)
The Bluejays (3-8-2) have four regular season matches remaining before the MVC Quarterfinals. Winless in league play through two games, the Jays look to get on track when they host the Bulldogs (11-3-1) during midterms week. They’ll do so wearing pink jerseys, as Thursday night is the “Think Pink” match in support of breast cancer awareness.
Friday (October 12)
Bluejay Madness (8:00 p.m.; doors open at 7:15 p.m.)
WBR-sponsored Beer Garden and BBQ (5:00-8:00 p.m.)
The Creighton men’s and women’s basketball teams welcome the public to partake in a free event celebrating the official start of college hoops season. Jim Flanery’s women’s team has been practicing sporadically, but Greg McDermott’s men’s squad has its first official day of practice this Friday.
The third annual Bluejay Madness will allow McDermott and Flanery a chance to introduce their teams to CU fans at Sokol Arena. The evening’s festivities also include scrimmages by both teams, a three-point shootout, and a dunk contest.
We are co-hosting a beer garden and BBQ before the event with CU Dining and the athletic department. Stop by for a WBR koozie and a frosty brew!
Creighton Men’s and Women’s Cross Country at Bradley Classic (4:25 p.m.)
After both finishing 11th in the Briar Cliff Invite, the CU harriers head to Peoria, Illinois, for an event hosted by Bradley University. The men run their 8K first, followed by the women’s 6K.
Creighton Volleyball at Illinois State (7:00 p.m.)
The Bluejays (15-3) are atop the Missouri Valley Conference standings at 6-1, fresh off a winning weekend against Northern Iowa and Bradley. The Jays hit the road for the first of two matches away from Omaha this weekend. The Redbirds are 4-3 in Valley play and 10-7 overall.
Saturday (October 13)
Creighton Men’s Soccer at Central Arkansas (1:00 p.m.)
The Jays (8-3-2) notched an overtime win at Princeton earlier this week in front of the ESPNU cameras. CU returns to Valley play with a road tilt against the Bears (6-5-0), who are 0-1 in conference action (losing to Drake 1-0).
Creighton Volleyball at Indiana State (6:00 p.m.)
The Jays travel from Normal to Terre Haute, where the Sycamores wait looking for an upset. Indiana State enters the weekend 1-6 in Valley play and 3-14 overall.
Sunday (October 14)
Creighton Women’s Soccer at Missouri State (1:00 p.m.)
Missouri State is fresh off a 3-1 win against Northern Iowa, and the Bears will enter the weekend 1-1-1 in Valley play.
Monday (October 15)
Creighton Men’s Golf at UMKC Invitational (Monday-Tuesday)
Creighton Women’s Golf at MSU/Payne Stewart Memorial (Monday-Tuesday)
Forecasts call for temperatures in the mid-70s when the men’s and women’s golf teams hit Kansas City and Springfield, respectively. The men are coming off a fifth-place finish at Kansas State’s Jim Colbert Intercollegiate event, while the women most recently finished fourth at the Jackrabbit Fall Invitational in Sioux Falls.
Tuesday (October 16)
Creighton Men’s Soccer vs. UMKC (7:00 p.m.)
The Jays go out of conference for a home match against the Kangaroos (5-5-2). Creighton is 8-2-1 all-time against UMKC, with the last meeting ending in a 1-0 loss in Omaha.
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Advances in Big East Tournament Over Seton Hall - May 25, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Falls to McNeese St. in Game 2 of Series - May 14, 2017
- Creighton Adds Grad Transfer Manny Suarez, 6’10” Center Immediately Eligible - May 9, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Takes Game 2 Against Huskers - April 19, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Takes Series from #14 St. John’s with 5-1 Win - April 10, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Beats #14 St. John’s 7-4 - April 9, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Game 1 vs. UC Davis - March 26, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Senior Day Festivities 2016-17 - March 1, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Basketball Goes Out Winners on Senior Night vs. St. John’s - March 1, 2017
- Former Bluejay Doug McDermott Traded From Chicago Bulls to Oklahoma City Thunder - February 23, 2017