The Creighton Bluejays finished their non-conference season with a four game winning streak. Sure, they still have to play in the ESPN BracketBusters event. But it is time for Missouri Valley Conference play. And despite a few losses that were tough for the Bluejays to swallow, the chance to win the school’s first outright conference title since 2000-2001 and a shot at claiming the Arch Madness championship give the Bluejays a blank slate.
Creighton drew a road game for its first Valley contest, as the Bluejays head to central Illinois to visit recent nemesis Illinois State. The Redbirds had a lot of holes to fill to start the season, with Osiris Eldridge and Dinma Odiakosa gone, but they may be playing their best basketball so far.
You will want to follow this game whether you are at home or other establishments. Here are your media menu options for Wednesday’s 7 p.m. game against the Redbirds.
The Bluejays will be on local TV for this game. This game will be broadcast by KMTV, otherwise known as Action 3 News. Travis Justice and former Creighton sharpshooter Nick Bahe will be on the call for this one.
- In the Omaha area, the game will be available on Cox Cable channels 5 and 705. But there will not be any high definition cameras in use.
- In other parts of Nebraska, stretching from York to Lincoln and in the southeast part of the state, the game will be on Time Warner Cable channel 3.
- The game WILL be available nationwide on ESPN Full Court and ESPN3.com (where available). The KMTV broadcast will be beamed nationwide.
- If you have one of those old big satellites that you can get a picture by plugging in coordinates, here is what you will need to know: Galaxy 16 6 Analog, U/L – 14120 H, D/L – 11820 V
There is also a viewing party option at DJ’s Dugout on 114th and Dodge with Bluejay Banter hosting the festivities. They will be doing a pick to click contest during the game and be giving away tickets and T-shirts. If you head out there for the game, stick around afterward for the live radio postgame show on Big Sports 590.
There are several ways to follow the game via the Internet:
- Creighton will have live video streaming webcast of the game available for a small fee, but if you have access to ESPN3.com, then you can watch online for free.
- Keep up with the live stats from GoCreighton.com.
- Follow the tweets of GoCreighton for score updates.
- Follow the tweets from the Omaha World-Herald, Steve Pivovar, and Steve Takaba.
- Listen to the streaming audio of the broadcast by Big Sports 590.
- Listen to the streaming audio of the Illinois State broadcast.
If you find yourself traversing the greater Midwest — specifically, the eastern part of Nebraska, Iowa, and even into Missouri — you can pick up T. Scott Marr’s play-by-play along with Kevin Sarver on Big Sports 590 AM.
Throughout Illinois you can catch the Illinois State broadcast on the Redbird sports network flagshipped by WJBC-1230 AM and 93.7 FM in the Bloomington area. Other stations include WFMB-1450 AM (Springfield), WZPN-96.5 FM (Peoria), and WDZ-1050 AM (Decatur).