Photo Gallery: #22 Creighton Loses Close One to Xavier
The Creighton men’s basketball team had a great opportunity to create some separation from the the rest of the Big East with a victory over Xavier on Saturday afternoon. It looked like they were well on their way at halftime. However, Xavier cut the halftime lead and pulled ahead in the final minutes of the game. The Bluejays had turnovers, missed free throws, a missed layup and mental errors in the final minute and could not overcome the Musketeers in an 82-80 loss at the CenturyLink Center.
Marcus Foster led the Bluejays with 17 points, including a three-pointer off a Xavier turnover to cut the lead to one with 50 seconds left. After another turnover by Xavier, a missed 1-and-1 opportunity by Ronnie Harrell, a split set of free throws from Xavier, and a layup Khyri Thomas had to alter that just missed going in with only a few seconds left, the Bluejays had one final opportunity off a missed Xavier free throw, but the outlet was thrown out of bounds before time ran out. Thomas finished with 15 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists. The Bluejays don’t play again until next Saturday at DePaul
WBR”s Brad Williams, Mike Spomer, and Adam Streur were at the CLink on Saturday to capture the game in photos. Support your local photographers over at the WBR photo store and enjoy the slideshow gallery below.
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Advances in Big East Tournament Over Seton Hall - May 25, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Falls to McNeese St. in Game 2 of Series - May 14, 2017
- Creighton Adds Grad Transfer Manny Suarez, 6’10” Center Immediately Eligible - May 9, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Takes Game 2 Against Huskers - April 19, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Takes Series from #14 St. John’s with 5-1 Win - April 10, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Beats #14 St. John’s 7-4 - April 9, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Game 1 vs. UC Davis - March 26, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Senior Day Festivities 2016-17 - March 1, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Basketball Goes Out Winners on Senior Night vs. St. John’s - March 1, 2017
- Former Bluejay Doug McDermott Traded From Chicago Bulls to Oklahoma City Thunder - February 23, 2017