Photo Gallery: Creighton Volleyball Wins Thriller Against Shockers
The Creighton volleyball team took another step in building their resume with a thrilling five-set win over Wichita State on Friday night. Wichita State took the first set 25-19, which usually spells trouble for Creighton. In the previous 41 of 43 matches overall and in 38 of the last 39 against MVC competition, the team that won the first set wins the match.
However, Creighton stormed back to take the second set 25-23 only to lose game three 25-13. After the break Creighton again took a set 25-23 and then pulled away in set five to win that one 15-10. The victory improved the Jays to 4-0 all-time in five-set matches at D.J. Sokol Arena, and was the second straight year the Jays won a five-setter in Omaha over the Shockers.
Megan Bober tied an MVC record with her seventh triple-double of the season (10 kills, 27 assists, 18 digs), Natalie Hackbarth had a double-double with 10 kills and 10 digs and Julianne Mandolfo continued her stellar play at the libero position handling 30 digs.
As the Bluejays prepare for Saturday’s match against Missouri State, enjoy the photo gallery from WBR photographer Michael Spomer of SWI Sports Images.
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Takes Game 2 Against Huskers - April 19, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Takes Series from #14 St. John’s with 5-1 Win - April 10, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Beats #14 St. John’s 7-4 - April 9, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Baseball Game 1 vs. UC Davis - March 26, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Senior Day Festivities 2016-17 - March 1, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Basketball Goes Out Winners on Senior Night vs. St. John’s - March 1, 2017
- Former Bluejay Doug McDermott Traded From Chicago Bulls to Oklahoma City Thunder - February 23, 2017
- Photo Gallery: #23 Creighton Men’s Basketball Falls to Providence at Home - February 22, 2017
- Maurice Watson, Jr. Suspended, Will Not Participate In Senior Night - February 22, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Women Pick Up 67-60 Win on Senior Day - February 20, 2017