Today in Bluejay History (5/16)
May 16, 1982 — Creighton’s softball team advances to the NCAA Women’s College World Series with a 3-2 win against South Carolina.
CU defeated the Gamecocks twice to punch the Bluejays’ ticket to the inaugural WCWS.
The Bluejays were led by Jean Tierney, a 1981 first-team All-American selection and the first female athlete inducted into the Creighton Athletic Hall of Fame. She also starred on the basketball court for the Lady Jays.
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Runs Away From Seton Hall in Victory - January 17, 2018
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Gets Quality Win over Butler - January 9, 2018
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Comes Back Against St. John’s - January 3, 2018
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Wins 83-64 Over Providence - January 1, 2018
- Photo Gallery: #25 Creighton Basketball Hitting Full Speed in Win Over USC Upstate - December 20, 2017
- Photo Gallery: #25 Creighton Men’s Basketball Gets Win over UT-Arlington - December 18, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Paints Nebraska Blue (Again) With 75-65 Comeback Win - December 9, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Basketball Rolls Over North Dakota - December 5, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Volleyball 2017 Season Ends Vs. Michigan State - December 3, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Basketball Rolls Over Alcorn State - November 13, 2017