Today in Bluejay History (5/16)
May 16, 1982 — Creighton’s softball team advances to the NCAA Women’s College World Series with a 3-2 win against South Carolina.
CU defeated the Gamecocks twice to punch the Bluejays’ ticket to the inaugural WCWS.
The Bluejays were led by Jean Tierney, a 1981 first-team All-American selection and the first female athlete inducted into the Creighton Athletic Hall of Fame. She also starred on the basketball court for the Lady Jays.
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Basketball Rolls Over Alcorn State - November 13, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Dominates in Exhibition Win Over Omaha - October 26, 2017
- Meet the Bluejays: 2017-18 Creighton Women’s Basketball Team - October 20, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Volleyball at Bluejay Invitational - September 4, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Creighton Men’s Soccer Over Ohio State in Exhibition Play - August 19, 2017
- The 1 Way You Can Support Independent Creighton Bluejays Coverage - July 22, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: TCU Knocks Off Louisville - June 23, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Florida Defeats Louisville, Stays in Winners Bracket - June 21, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: Oregon State Destroys LSU - June 19, 2017
- CWS Photo Gallery: Louisville Defeats Texas A&M - June 18, 2017